Thursday, September 6, 2007

The FC Dallas Mojo


It's called the beautiful game for a reason. There's nothing like a well executed play in soccer. Ball control, passing, dribbling and that shot in the net. Every sport has it but in soccer, maybe because of the fact that there's not a lot of scoring compared to other sports, it's different.

To really make it beautiful, it has to go beyond just the technical aspects of the game. Great teams have great chemistry. They can tell what each other is thinking. They operate as one.

I haven't seen this in FC Dallas in the last two games. The game against the DC United not only had defensive problems, the offense wasn't as smooth and clean as I had seen it in previous teams. Even against Seattle, a USL team, it just didn't seem to click (although I have to admit I didn't see the overtime).

Is it the addition of Denilson? Are they just tired from playing so often?

Let's hope they get it together before the playoffs start. Like Austin Powers, they need to find their Mojo.

I think we all have such high hopes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi FC Pitch: Sorry I didn't catch you at the FCD/DC United game. I wasn't expecting to go. We made a last minute plan to attend. Please also let me know when you plan to go next.

    I watched the Toronto/FC Dallas game from my hotel room in Montréal, QC. So I have all sorts of observations to make about the MLS from the Canadian perspective.

    But from my own Texas perspective, I have a question for you: Why were there visible yardage markers on the field at Pizza Hut Park? I thought this was going to be a soccer-specific stadium?! I know soccer is a growing sport here stateside. But this is a real annoyance to me. I love to see the big green open field and little else. Do we really need to rent out Pizza Hut Park to American football teams (presumably High School games)? Ugggh!

    ReplyDelete