Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Lion, The Monk & The Baron



Tough night on the home pitch for FC Dallas. DC United spanked us 4-nil. It was 2-0 at half time, so part of me was holding on to the hope that we could pull together a come back similar to the one we mounted back in RFK a month or so ago.

But it was not to be. Not even the magic of the North American debut of Brazilian midfielder Denilson's fairy dust could sprinkle any hope for a 2nd half Hoops' rally.



It was a beautiful night at Pizza Hut Park regardless. I got to take my pal the Lion (a baseball & hockey fan extraordinaire) out to his first FC Dallas game. And Lion & I got to share three cold Tecate's and a cold Frisco pretzel with the Baron of Beef himself at half time.

2 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you boys at Pizza Hut Field but I must say it was VERY disappointing to watch. FC Dallas was flat. Salas was sleeping on United's first goal, then he seemed to blame his defense. Man up. The usual rowdy's where making noise but whoever is in charge of the PA should at least try to get the fans involved in the game. I never heard the new fight song or any other song to fire up the crowd. Humble Billy can be a whip at the Mav's games but I'll take that over stifled silence anyday. All in all a VERY poor presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't see you guys there! I think the offense was off as well. Passing was slow and they looked like they hadn't played together in about 3 months. DC United is a tough team but FC Dallas played uninsprired and slow.

    ReplyDelete